Why is drug store shampoo so bad for your hair? The packaging and smell of some of them is so pretty and official so why does your stylist cringe when you tell her you use Organix? Let’s break down some of the common ingredients of some of the most common drug store shampoos.
• SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE: a cheap cleansing agent also found in harsh detergents, like engine cleaner. In many shampoos SLS is the base ingredient. If it can dissolve engine grease, as you can imagine it dissolves the natural oils of your skin creating dryness and irritation. In the natural shedding process the average person sheds over 100 hairs a day. During shedding the open hair follicles are vulnerable to SLS damage by drying and irritating them. Unfortunately once hair follicles die, they can’t come back.
• SILICONES: you probably swear by your Pantene or tresseme because it’s so shiny!.. but it’s the plastic. Silicones are plastics that fill in your hair’s porosity. It locks out water and even air. It gives the hair the appearance of a smooth shiny surface and that slippery-when-wet feel. Over time the silicone builds up on the hair- making it heavy, lifeless, and dull. Remember it locks out moisture, so the hair becomes dried out and becomes a sponge to dirt. You get very shiny hair for a couple of days, but over time not letting in conditioners will just have them sit on the surface and your hair will be one weak and brittle.
• SODIUM CHLORIDE: aka… table salt! Great on a baked potato, not so much your hair. This is used as a thickener in shampoos but can cause a dry and itchy scalp by stripping your scalp of its natural moisture.
• POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL or PEG: another thickening agent in shampoos that strips hair
• MINERAL OIL: engine oil’s cousin! So you probably don’t want that on your hair. Your products claim to have argan or macadamia oil in them but at the bottom of the ingredient list they usually have less than 5 percent and use mineral oil as a cheap filler.
• PARABENS: prolong shelf life of products. They’re known for their toxic nature. Not only do they irritate they cause hormonal imbalance.
There are so many people out there are offering hair extensions, licensed stylist and yes; even UNLICENSED…
It can be very difficult to discern who is qualified and trustworthy enough to do your hair. Make sure whoever you go to has been working with this system for a number of years…
Costs should include EVERYTHING~ don’t pay hourly for installation!
DO YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT OR BY SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT?
You might not pay for it financially~ but your hair sure will….. check out the pics- see the glue and braids I’ve removed?? Do you really want that in your hair?
Lets face it, the main reason you want hair extensions is to have longer, thicker hair, and that is because your hair is either not growing fast enough, or it just doesn’t have the capabilities to grow thicker and longer right now.
So its safe to assume you want longer hair, but you don’t want to “have” to wear them the rest of your life.
I totally understand, as, my hair will never be as thick as I would like it to be in the time frame I want, so I choose to wear extensions.
However, I don’t want my hair damaged in the process which would cause me to “have” to wear extensions the rest of my life or live with hair that is worse off then when I started with the extensions.
That is what lead me on my research, Training, certifications and tons more research to bring my clients, and yes myself the SAFEST, most natural looking and best product on the market today.
It’s ALL GLUE. GLUE IS MADE FROM PROTEIN… Extensions should not stay in your hair for longer than 2 months without PROPER maintenance. The only way to remove GLUE from your hair is with a “solution”(acetone) and plyers! Don’t be fooled by all the hype and the promise of low cost. Don’t you deserve better?
I primarily use the locking method; the tools and hair I use are custom made to my specifications. The hair and tools I use are not available on the market today for resale to anyone who is unlicensed/uncertified or not properly trained.
Lets face it, you want long hair. I understand; you not only want it safe, you need it safe if you want your hair to remain on your head.
With so many stylists out there, licensed and unlicensed, attempting to do hair extensions mainly for the extra money to pad their pockets with. They typically don’t care about the well being or integrity of your hair after you leave their chair, or in most cases their home. You wouldn’t go to a strangers home to get your hair done- would you?
Please be careful and check out work and sectioning. If the sections are not clean and straight you can have potential damage. Hairs can be pulled and ripped out.
Don’t chance the possibility of PERMANENT damage to your precious locks to just anyone without the proper tools, training, and licensing; primarily to save a few bucks.
I am a licensed, certified, trained Stylist and Salon owner, and have been behind the chair for over 20 years. I stand behind my work and my hair. My goal is to give you the best hair extensions and salon experience ever without ruining your hair. That is what you want right?
I literally have tons of before and after’s of MY work, in my expanding portfolio. My portfolio samples are not taken from magazines of random folks. I have references and real samples. Most of all my work and passion speaks for itself. I have been featured on many shows for my work, passion, and my beautiful salon. I am very well known in the industry from coast to coast and I would feel privileged if you would come and see me, and allow me to share with you what I do, how I do it, and why. I have been doing this method for over 11 years and 98% of my clientle is this extension work.
You have one head of hair, if you damage it with glue, solvents, and have it applied by someone who really has no business doing it, or someone just starting out, your results could be detrimental and devastating to say to least. GLUE is GLUE- what ever verbage they tell you- if they use a liquid, or a heat tool, its GLUE
I have a few different alternatives as well to extensions for the top of your hair as well that might be thin and fine that extensions couldn’t cover.
My passion… Creating beauty, one head at a time…
Please feel free to check out my site, give me a call and lets schedule a complimentary consultation to get you on your way to the Mane of your Dreams.
I do not charge for consultations, all I ask is that you show up to your scheduled appointment. I look forward to meeting with you.
Like the old saying; you get what you pay for. Consequently, the same is true with who you choose to have install your hair extensions and with what method used to install them.
You have one head of hair, if you trust it to someone who has literally no business touching your hair, you could have irreversible damage.
Everyone is on here trying to get your business and sometimes at the risk of your own safety AND health of your hair.
If this is something you are wanting~ and honestly, why wouldn’t you want long healthy luscious hair?
PLEASE don’t just look for price. Do your research and find out what methods are safe, and ONLY go to someone who is both LICENSED ~ they know how to propery cut and blend hair, and CERTIFED ~ they have been property trained to install extension hair and have the proper tools. Most importantly they must WORK OUT OF A SALON ~ salons back their work.
Get references and review their portfolio and website and make sure they have done at least 30 full head installs.
If need be, save your money to get the best before you just settle and get cheap hair done by someone who really shouldn’t be doing it. You will end up paying for it one way or another…
I am here if you would like to come see me for a consultation. I will go over evey method avail to you and help educate you on what is safe and what isnt. I am licensed, certified and been doing hair extensions for over 11 years.. I am passionate about what I do and I will care for your hair as I care for my own.
References available on request.